Registration for the English Proficiency Test for Graduation Threshold will be open from Mar. 18 to Apr. 26, 2019
1. Objective: The English Proficiency Test for Graduation Threshold (hereinafter referred to as the Test) is implemented in accordance with the provisions of the “Implementation Directions of English Proficiency Graduation Threshold for Four-year Undergraduate Program Students” and the “Implementation Directions of English Proficiency Graduation Threshold for Daytime Graduate Program Students” established in the Academic Affairs Meeting in June 2018. The Test aims at offering students one free chance of taking the Test during their period of study at National Taipei University of Technology. Passing grades shall be determined in accordance with the graduation requirements of the program in which the Test Taker is enrolled.
2. Test Takers: Any student enrolled in National Taipei University of Technology is eligible to take the Test.
3. Test Content: The Test applies to one of the designated tests (including TOEIC, GEPT, BULATS, Cambridge Main Suite Preliminary English Test, TOEFL PBT, and IELTS) for the graduation threshold. For the second semester in the 107 academic school year, the Test will be administered in format that simulates the TOEIC.
4. Registration Date: From March 18 to April 26, 2019
5. Announcement of Test Venue: Test venues will be announced by May 13, 2019 on the registration website.
6. Test Date: Sunday, May 26, 2019. 9:30am to 12:00pm ( open: 9:10 am close:9:30 am)
7. Registration: https://nportal.ntut.edu.tw/index.do?ssoId=StuETA
8. Please note that if the number of registered candidates exceeds the maximum limit, priority will be given to the candidate with higher accumulative points. The second priority will be based on the order of registration. Accumulative points are generated according to the following:
40 (Basic points) + grade year X 10 X 2 (graduates) or 1 (undergraduates) – number of times taking the Test X 40 – 1 (have passed one of the designated tests for graduation threshold) or 0 (have not passed any designated tests for graduation threshold) X 12 0
9. This test captures a wide range of proficiency levels and organizes them into five levels: A, B, C, D, and E.
10. Test Regulations:
(1) Candidates must be seated according to their assigned seats.
(2) Candidates need to provide proof of identity by presenting a valid student ID card issued by National Taipei University of Technology. If fail to present a valid student ID card, candidates are required to provide an acceptable and valid form of identification (e.g., ID card, driver’s license, or other identifications that contain a picture of the candidate and proof of identity). Candidates can admit the test after approval from the test administrator.
(3) Candidates are not permitted to bring in any form of paper or electronic English reference materials. Violating the rule will result in a record of zero points for the Test.
(4) Candidates must check if their cell phones are switched off. Any case of cheating will result in a record of zero points for the Test.
(5) Candidates are required to use only 2B pencils to mark answers on the answer sheet.
If you have further questions about the test, please contact with Media Center Line@ account: line://ti/p/@jrx5619f